In the Mentoring/Coaching process, I’m able to guide and encourage you from idea through writing, publishing, and marketing.
Mentoring/Coaching is a mutual commitment between us. I become available to you on an ongoing basis.
What You Receive
Mentoring is done on an ongoing basis in three-month units. The fee for the three-month term is $1,495*. Each month includes relevant input and insight in these areas:
- Intake conversation about your book and your writing goals.
- Outline or manuscript assessment if you already have a work-in-progress.
- Research and writing strategy plan. We create it together regardless if you are starting fresh or have a work-in-progress.
- Market research for your book topic. I help you discover if your book has sales potential.
- Work-in-Progress manuscript assessments as you write (up to two book portions per month including your revisions). This is the heart of our work together. I provide written assessments/suggestions to help you keep on course.
- Up to two 30-minute in-depth discussion+ sessions per month about your work-in-progress assessments or other book-related matters of your choice.
- Short occasional email exchanges^ (up to two exchanges per week) when you face immediate needs.
- When I offer ideas or rewrite small portions of your work to demonstrate alternatives, my work product belongs to you. My job as a mentor is to empower you, not take credit for enhancements I may add to your work.
- Templates, videos, and techniques to help you become a more efficient, interesting writer.
- Evaluate your publishing options (self, Indie, or traditional) with you.
- Offer proven resources (agents, editors, cover artists, book formatting, etc.).
- Weekly email tips and encouragement. I become your accountability partner.
- 50% off coupon for one VelocityWriting.com online course each month.
Get the Ongoing Help and Encouragement You Need to Complete Your Book
This is one of the most comprehensive mentoring programs available. You not only receive mentioning about practical writing and publishing matters, but you also receive encouragement and inspiration based on your particular needs.
Have questions about my mentoring program? Contact me here.
* The three-month fee is nonrefundable for any reason. Sometimes new authors find excuses to suspend or give up their writing efforts after a month or so, and that goes against the entire purpose of the mentoring/coaching process. Our mentoring/coaching commitment to each other is regular and ongoing, not “stop and go” over a period longer than three months.
Of course, we all have exceptional life events. If you have a significant one, like a death in the family or a major medical event, you can ask in advance to suspend engagement for up to 45 days one time during any three-month term. Your success is based on mutual accountability, so you’ll want to offer an excellent reason for suspending our interaction. Still, there is no refund, just a mutually agreeable postponement.
Most people are able to complete their book in three months under my mentorship, but a few extend for a second three-month term. In those cases, I offer a $150 discount off the above fee.
+ All communication is by Video Skype or email internationally, also by telephone in the US. Your choice.
^ An email “exchange” is when you write me an email and I respond to it. Each subsequent permutation is another exchange.