Voice Write You Book: Writing Power Through Dictation
Voice writing is NOT futuristic — people are making more money by writing faster, high quality material using speech recognition technology today. Dictate your book, don’t type it!
Voice recognition software is better than ever and you can leverage it to make your thoughts tangible. Speech
recognition software is not magic, even though it seems that way sometimes.
I have used voice recognition software since it became available for desktop use in 1999. I have used a well-known voice recognition software brand since 2002.
This course contains videos to give you an overview of some of the most popular voice recognition tools. See them in operation,
There are many benefits to dictating your book and you can learn how in this course.
- You can break the habit of slow kinetic writing, which is expressing your thoughts through motion.
- You can learn how to fill your mind with your ideas and speak your first draft.
- Most people type less than 40 words a minute. You can speak over 180 words per minute. Write a 5,000 word chapter in less than 30 minutes.
- Write the book inside you by using voice recognition technology.
- Finish the book you started.Voice writing can empower you.
In this course I ease the path of technology adoption for writers by:
- Explaining why you should use dictation even if you have tried to use speech recognition software in the past.
- Demonstrating major speech recognition software as part of the course.
- Providing the techniques you need to successfully use your voice to write your book.
- This course will help you overcome your preconceptions about voice writing and open a valuable way of expression to you.
After completing this course, you’ll have the tools you need to…
- Select the speech recognition software best for you, some of it free.
- Learn how to use the best kind of microphone.
- See how the three major types of voice recognition actually work.
- Know how to adjust your thought processes to speak your book.
- Visualize your book details as you speak.
- Use specific techniques I teach in the course.
Now is the time to change from slow kinetic writing to voice writing. It’s not the wave of the future, it’s happening now. This course will put you on the the fast-track to use voice writing now.
This course includes:
- 15 Instructional Videos
- Workbook (PDF)
- 3 Quick Quizzes
- Audio files from video lessons (MP3)
- 20 minutes of one-on-one consulting about any aspect of your writing project
- Personalized Certificate of Completion after you finish the entire course (PDF emailed, suitable for printing and framing).
Completion time is approximately 2.7 hours, but you are free to work at your own pace and to review any part of the course later.
View lesson videos online only. You can download the Workbook and Audio files.
Welcome Video – What You’ll Learn
Course Orientation – Please View Before Starting Course
Section 1: An Introduction to Voice Writing
Lesson 1: Why Speech Recognition Software Can Empower Your Writing
Lesson 2: What You Need to Get Started with Voice Writing
Lesson 3: Overcoming Preconceptions about Voice Writing
Section 1 – Quick Quiz
Section 2: Types of Speech Recognition Software
Lesson 4: Dragon Naturally Speaking Overview
Lesson 5: Dragon Naturally Speaking with a Digital Recorder
Lesson 6: Speech Recognition Software You Already Own
Lesson 7: Online Voice Recognition Options
Lesson 8: Voice Writing with a Smartphone or Tablet
Section 2 – Quick Quiz
Section 3: How to Successfully Embrace Voice Writing
Lesson 9: Breaking the Writing Mind-Hand Connection
Lesson 10: Mind Adjustment for Dictation
Lesson 11: Visualizing Your Book for Dictation
Lesson 12: Dictation Techniques
Lesson 13: A 10-Step Formula to Build Voice Writing Skills
Lesson 14: Voice Writing in Perspective
Section 3 – Quick Quiz